Soot and Smoke Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive, and can penetrate almost any space within your home or business. Lingering smoke and soot can cause hidden damage, and strong odors. Our technicians have experience that allow them to inspect and assess the damage done to your home.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Some easy to clean, and others more difficult but we have the equipment to handle the job.
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Fire Restoration Services
Here at SERVPRO of Winooski/Stowe we have the certification, knowledge, and experience to restore your property. Our technicians will work efficiently and effectively, to make it seem “Like it never even happened.”